Owner & CEO
Hands on, lead from the front CEO and passionate about building America’s information infrastructure. Former Army signal officer with team leadership, telecom planning, and military experience. Expert in broadband, intelligent transportation, and emerging cellular dense networks.
Owner of Tilson, a high growth (seven consecutive years on the inc. 5000), 400 employee team of telecom, information technology, and construction professionals with a world-wide practice. Led company from less than 10 employees to current 400 employee size, including several rounds of venture and bank financing. Tilson has 15 offices around the country.
Tilson provides services to industry and government in:
• Fiber and wireless design, engineering, construction and maintenance for intelligent transportation, broadband, grid modernization, smart city, and mobility
• Information systems consulting and deployment
• Consulting on information infrastructure and technology public policy
Civic Engagement and Corporate Governance
• Board of Directors of Kleinschmidt Associates, a national, multi service water resource and energy engineering firm with 10 regional offices
• Board of Directors of Skowhegan Savings Bank
• Board of Directors of NBT Solutions, the makers of VETRO FiberMap
• Board of Directors of Gulf of Maine Research Institute, a non-profit center for marine science, education, and fisheries community