Startup Maine Programs & Events
Update: Startup Maine 2020 Annual Conference is CANCELLED
During this time of uncertainty, our priority is making sure all the people who make our annual conference possible are able to focus their attention on the health and wellbeing of their families, livelihoods, and communities. Stay tuned for information about virtual activities and updates on new initiatives. In the meantime, stay safe and healthy.
Startup Maine will utilize videos, written and live-streamed content and small, locally hosted events to bring the startup community together in 2020. Have an idea for a virtual or in-person workshop or panel? We want to hear from you! Submit your idea in the RFP form and someone from our Program team will be in touch!
Ideas for topics:
To help with topic idea generation, here is a list of session themes that have been presented in the past:
- Building an advisory board for your company
- Working with government partners/customers/financiers
- Regulatory hacking
- Fundraising / Financing / Crowdfunding
- Becoming investment ready
- B2B Sales & Marketing
- Digital advertising
- Branding and design fundamentals
- Strategy and decision making
- Regulatory navigation / compliance
- Implementing emerging technologies
- Legal issues
- Financial forecasting
- Hiring / Identifying talent
- Succession planning
- Sourcing manufacturers
- Prototyping (physical products and digital products)
- Product launch strategies
- Importing / Exporting
- Company HR, policy development, and culture
- Market research
- Tech transfer (or licensing)
- Conducting due diligence as an investor
- Pitch preparation. What are the hard questions VC’s will ask?
- Working with co-founders
You can also review last year’s workshop and panel lineup here to give you a sense of our content.
Sign up for our newsletter for updates!